Smile more. Wake up early. Do meaningful work. Show more gratitude. Let go of negative habits. Unfollow negative people. Create beautiful memories. Appreciate the little things.
Some days I’m a little tired. Maybe I didn’t sleep well. Maybe I worked out too hard in the gym. Maybe I just worked too hard in the office.
But I’ll still smile from the inside.
- I smile when I wake up.
- I smile when life is bad.
- I smile when I listen to music.
- I smile when I see a stranger.
- I smile when I hear a good story.
- I smile when I see rain.
- I smile when I put on my running shoes.
- I smile when I work out in the gym.
- I smile when I enter a room.
- I smile when I see other people.
- I smile when I’m by myself.
- I smile when I see the sun.
- I smile when things are difficult.
Am I crazy? A pessimist would say yes.
But smiling is an attitude. Most people think it’s an effect of something.
When someone I love is upset, I do something weird so they smile. You can’t be upset and be happy at the same time.
It’s a strategy.
Humor, laughter, enjoyment, and smiling are the secret to living a good life.
Movie: The Bridge of Spies (2015)
Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops from enjoying the good.
My only goal in life right now is to be happy. Genuinely, intensely and consistently happy, regardless of what that looks like to others.
I thank the universe for taking away everything it has taken and given to me everything it is giving.
– Balance, Rupi Kaur
The mind is everything. What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
Series: Hey Arnold!
Featured Image by @AlexisSantiago